Show Us Your Skills Video Contest
Win a FREE trip to Global Finals 2013 for your whole team (even if your team does not qualify).
Deadline Extended: April 15, 2013 at midnight EST.
Great teams are made up of individuals that recognize their own unique talents. Every Destination Imagination team member has a special skill set that enables his/her team to solve complex and open-ended challenges. We want to see your unique talents!
Can you build a rocket out of toothpicks or cardboard boxes; paint a portrait of Abraham Lincoln while jumping rope or draw an amazing landscape; write an epic story or a joke that makes us laugh; sing, dance or choreograph an original piece of music; weld, sculpt or engineer a technical masterpiece? The possibilities are endless. What makes you unique? Be creative and show us your skills!
- Free pass to Global Finals 2013 for your whole team (even if your team does not qualify).
- Free room and board for your team members and one Team Manager at Global Finals 2013, May 22-25 in Knoxville, TN. Value of $635 per person.
- Plus a travel stipend of $2,000.
- The total combined value is up to $7,080.
- The winning video will be played at Global Finals 2013 Opening Ceremony and will be featured in DI marketing efforts.
- Carefully read eligibility and terms.
- Create an amazing 60-second video.
- Go to www.destinationimagination.org/skills and follow instructions to enter contest
March 10, 2013 at midnight EST.
Extended: April 15, 2013 at midnight EST.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
- This contest is open to all current Destination Imagination team members.
- If you are under 18, you must ask your parent or guardian permission before entering this contest.
- Our “no interference policy” does not apply to this contest. You may have you friends, team managers or parents help you film and or edit your video.
- The entries will be appraised by the staff at Destination Imagination based on memorable content and delivery, overall impact and creativity.
- The staff will narrow the entries down to the top 3 videos. The top 3 videos will be uploaded to the Destination Imagination Facebook Page on March 13th, where the general public will vote for the winner. DI will notify the top 3 entries make an announcement on our site when the voting starts.
terms & conditions
- You may not use any copyrighted music in your video.
- You may create original music for your video.
- Limit only one submission per person.
- Your video must be 60 seconds or less.
- By submitting videos, you automatically grant DI a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display them.
- You may only submit materials that you own or have permission to use, and you can only submit photos or videos of people who have given you consent to use their image.
- By participating, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Destination Imagination, Inc. from any and all liability, loss, damage, or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing information to Destination Imagination and not to Facebook.
Show us your unique talent in your own way. You only have 60 seconds so focus only on the important details.
Edit Your Footage
Edited footage or photos should use smooth transitions and be clear to the viewer.
Lighting & Location
Choose a location with a lot of available light. Lighting from multiple sources around the room is preferable to overhead lighting. If possible, use natural light by working a few feet away from a window, standing with one shoulder toward the window. If you shoot outdoors, choose a spot where the sun will not be directly in front of or behind you. Before 11:00 am and after 2:00 pm are the best times to shoot outdoors.
Test sound quality before you shoot. If you want to explain your talent, keep your tone positive, natural and even. Try not to over rehearse or memorize line for line.