Complement Your Curriculum
As a leader in your school district, your budget is tied to the success of your students in and out of the classroom. Destination Imagination programs meet national education standards and have been shown to improve student performance.
The Destination Imagination Challenge Program is an easy and cost-effective way for school administrators to complement the curriculum and teach kids 21st century skills. It provides opportunities for kids to learn how to work together, solve problems effectively and experience the creative process.
Superintendents and Principals around the world are bringing Destination Imagination to their school systems
What DI Can Offer Your School District
- While many educational programs focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subject matter, Destination Imagination incorporates a wider range of subjects: we focus on STEAMS (STEM plus Arts and Service-learning).
- The DI Challenge Program teaches students acceptance, tolerance and respect through team building Challenges. These skills will help promote anti-bullying in your schools.
- The program season runs concurrent with the school year.
- DI administers its program through state and country Affiliates worldwide. Click here for pricing information.
In 2011, researchers from the University of Virginia Curry School of Education conducted an independent research evaluation of the DI program. The evaluation focused on the program’s effectiveness, impact and participant satisfaction in areas relating to creative problem-solving, creative and critical thinking, teamwork and leadership. Among other findings, the researchers reported, “Students who participated in the activities and tournaments provided by DI outperformed comparable students who had not participated in DI on assessments measuring creative thinking, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving.”
- Students participating in Destination Imagination problem solving tournaments said in surveys that DI has helped them improve their grades, and that they "do better in school."
- Through participation in DI, students learn to collaborate and develop mutual respect for other people and ideas that may be different from their own.
To read more about our research evaluations click here.
The Destination Imagination program is in more than 3,000 schools worldwide, and growing.
To learn more about the program and how to provide your students with this enrichment opportunity, call 1.888.321.1503 or email [email protected] for more information.