Texas Destination Imagination (“TXDI”) is seeking a dynamic, mission-driven leader who is passionate about leading hands-on operations, fostering growth, and developing and managing programs that engage program participants and the Texas community. TXDI is comprised of 17 regions that are responsible for administering the Destination Imagination Challenge Experience for all Destination Imagination (DI) teams in the state of Texas. As the chief executive for TXDI, the Affiliate Director reports to a supportive and professional Executive Board and provides the overall vision and leadership, manages the activities and affairs, and provides guidance on strategic goals and objectives for the Affiliate. The Affiliate Director plans and organizes programs and activities that support the Affiliate’s mission, and generally directs the operations of the organization. A detailed job description for the position can be found here.
The ideal candidate for this role embraces a thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership and the candidate should bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Master’s preferred) in Education or a related field.
- At least seven years of experience, including current or very recent experience, with the Destination Imagination program and/or similar creative problem-solving programs.
- Experience with the TXDI program is strongly preferred and experience with management and administration of the program at the Regional level is beneficial.
- A strong candidate will have experience developing and implementing programs, budgets, and financial reporting for a medium to large organization.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound work ethic
- Strong written and oral communication skills, time management, decision-making, human relations, and organization skills.
- Strong computer knowledge, including, but not limited to, basic to intermediate ability to use Excel, Microsoft Word, and internet applications.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $50,000 to $75,000, medical benefits, and a flexible work environment.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].