Destination Imagination (DI) today announced the formation of its International Advisory Council. The new council members, who bring years of experience across higher education, business, technology and healthcare sectors, will provide diverse expertise, valuable insight and strategic guidance in a shared commitment to further advance Destination Imagination’s mission worldwide: to develop opportunities that inspire the global community of learners to utilize diverse approaches in applying 21st century skills and creativity.
“At Destination Imagination, we are focused on empowering Generation Z students with the 21st century skills needed to succeed in our ever-changing world economy,” said Dr. Chuck Cadle, CEO of Destination Imagination. “Our Challenge-based system of learning has successfully fostered more than 1.5 million students’ creativity, courage and curiosity in the fields of STEAM education and social entrepreneurship. I am excited to have these respected leaders and innovators come together to form our International Advisory Council. Together, we’ll be able to reach more volunteers and increase opportunities to engage more students globally, allowing these learners to have rich, meaningful learning experiences that will set them up to be life-long learners and prepare them to thrive in their career endeavors.”
For more information about the Destination Imagination International Advisory Council and its current members, visit www.destinationimagination.org/international-advisory-council.
The council held its first meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 29 and will continue to meet remotely on a quarterly basis. As an opportunity for council members to fully experience and observe what Destination Imagination is all about, the first in-person meeting will take place in May 2017 during DI Global Finals – the world’s largest celebration of student creativity and the culminating event of every Destination Imagination season.
“The digital economy is developing rapidly worldwide and has become a driving force in innovation, job creation and entrepreneurship,” said Steven Kantor, Executive Vice President of KEH Insurance Agency, Chair of Destination Imagination International Advisory Council and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member. “As a parent, I want to ensure that my daughter has every opportunity to be successful in this evolving economy. Destination Imagination is a leader in providing transformative educational experiences that connect students to these very opportunities and it’s an honor to work with such a remarkable group of people to help further DI’s mission.”
Destination Imagination International Advisory Council inaugural members are as follows:
- Kenneth Blank, Ph.D, Senior Vice President for Health Sciences, Rowan University
- Colleen Dey, Vice President, Berkley Life Sciences
- Angela Grayson, Principal Member and Founder, Precipice IP PLLC
- Steven Kantor, Executive Vice President of KEH Insurance Agency, Chair of Destination Imagination International Advisory Council and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member
- Todd Phillips, Founder & CEO, Parson Partners
- Teri Cotton Santos, Senior Vice President Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, The Warranty Group
- Nina M. Schwenk, M.D., F.A.C.P., Consultant, Mayo Clinic Rochester, and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member
- Gregory Simon, CPA, CBP, CEO and Co-Founder, Loyyal
- David E. Welsh, MBA, MS, Executive Director, Lehigh University
To view the official press release, click here.