It’s that time of the year again! Get into the holiday spirit the Destination Imagination way—with a little creativity!
For this year’s Graham Cracker Challenge, we want you to design and create a graham cracker structure inspired by your favorite movie. Your structure must incorporate at least two special features. Special features must be physical things that are attached to or associated with your graham cracker structure (e.g., extra floors, a magical cape, etc.).
You must use only the following materials to create your structure:
- Graham crackers (If you don’t have access to graham crackers, you may use a similar type of cracker.)
- A variety of candy
After you complete the Challenge, take a photo of your structure and upload it to our contest app. In the contest caption, include a description of your two special features and the movie you chose as your inspiration. Then, encourage your friends to vote for your creative design.
The photo submissions will be evaluated by the Destination Imagination staff based on the criteria below. Your photo submission may earn up to 50 maximum points.
- Overall creativity of your structure (up to 20 points)
- Creativity of special feature #1 (up to 15 points)
- Creativity of special feature #2 (up to 15 points)
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card. The Second Prize Winner will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card.
The deadline to enter the contest is January 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time). Winners will be selected and notified on or about January 9, 2019.
Click here to enter your design in the Graham Cracker Challenge. To download a copy of the Official Contest Rules, click here.
Good luck and happy holidays from the Destination Imagination staff!
- Grand Prize: $100 Visa Gift Card
- Second Prize: $50 Visa Gift Card
- Design and create a graham cracker structure inspired by your favorite movie. Include two special features in your design.
- Take a photo of your structure and upload it to our contest app.
- Enter a description of your two special features and the title of the movie you chose as your inspiration in the caption portion of the contest app.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Photo entries must be submitted by individuals who are 13 years of age or older.
- Contest prize will only be awarded to the individual who submitted the photo entry. If the individual is under the age of 18, the contest prize will be awarded the individual’s parent or guardian.
- Limit only one entry per eligible person. Duplicates will be removed.
- Limit only one vote per person per day.
- Deadline to enter the Graham Cracker Challenge is January 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time). Winners will be selected and notified on or about January 9, 2019.
- Photo entry caption must include the name of your structure, the two special features you incorporated, and the movie you chose for your inspiration.
- Photo entries must not include content that is obscene, libelous or otherwise objectionable (including, without limitation, profanity, offensive language, nudity, and excessive violence).
- Entries are void if Sponsor determines the photograph to not be an original, or if the entries are incomplete, inaccessible or blocked, corrupted, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- By entering this Contest and having a chance to win an award, you agree and represent that you grant to Destination Imagination, Inc. and its affiliates, a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights to use, reproduce, transmit, communicate to the public, print, publish, publicly display, exhibit, distribute, redistribute, copy, index, comment on, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform, make available and otherwise exploit your Submission, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on third-party sites and platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter), in any number of copies and without limit as to time, manner and frequency of use, without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity.
- In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within three (3) calendar days to a winner notification, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Destination Imagination, Inc., in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
- By participating, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Destination Imagination, Inc., the organizations’ partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
Any entry that violates the Official Contest Rules will be disqualified.