Destination Imagination and the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation are proud to present…the Unlikely Superheroes Challenge!
Have you ever wanted to be a superhero? The time is NOW!
Team up with the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation and help to make your world a healthier place. It’s time to Think BIG. Start small. Move Fast!
How? Form a team. Work together to identify what could make your community a healthier place. Empower ordinary people to become superheroes that will transform their communities through innovative and creative solutions.
Why? One winning team will win a FREE trip to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation in Rochester, MN to present their winning solution at the organization's TRANSFORM Symposium! The symposium will be held September 7-9, 2014. The prize package will include airfare, hotel and meals for all team members and one Team Manager. In addition, the winning team will win a FREE pass to Global Finals 2015 for the whole team (even if your team does not qualify). This includes free room and board for up to 7 team members and one Team Manager at Global Finals 2015, May 20-23 in Knoxville, TN. A total value of $655 per person! The first 50 teams to register their team for the Unlikely Superheroes Challenge and then submit a solution by July 31, 2014 will receive a FREE team registration (not including Affiliate or tournament fees) for the 2014-2015 program season.
Team Challenge Criteria:
- Carefully read eligibility and terms
- Register your team by sending an email to Kris Beisel at [email protected] and include:
- Team name
- Team Manager name and email
- City and state of team
- Team member names, grades, and birthdates
- Create an amazing video that is up to 8 minutes in length
- Deadline to submit entry: July 31, 2014 at 11:59pm EDT
- Click here to submit your video entry, entry form, and up to one additional attachment on our website.
- This contest is open to teams of up to 7 students from 3rd grade to recently graduated 12th graders.
- If you are under 18, you must ask your parent's or guardian's permission before entering this contest.
- The ideas, skit, costumes, etc. must be created solely by student members of the team. Adults are permitted to work the video camera to film the team’s solution, but editing of the video must be completed by the student members of the team.
- You must state the following in the beginning of your video, “We are the [team name] and this is our submission for the Destination Imagination and Mayo Clinic Unlikely Superheroes Challenge.”
- You may NOT use any form of copyrighted or royalty-free music in your video. This includes sampling, remixing, or rewriting lyrics to copyrighted or royalty-free songs. Any music in your video submission must be your own original creation.
- Limit only one submission per team.
- Your video must be 8 minutes or less.
- By submitting a video, you automatically grant DI and the Mayo Clinic a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display the content.
- You may only submit materials that you own or have permission to use, and you can only submit photos or videos of people who have given you consent to use their image.
- By participating, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Destination Imagination, Inc. and the Mayo Clinic from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
- Use the links provided on the second page of the Challenge to research community health issues.
- Be creative. Help us find new ways to promote health.
- Lighting and location: choose a location with a lot of available light. If possible, use natural light. If you shoot outdoors, choose a spot where the sun will not be directly in front or behind you.
- Sound: test sound quality before you shoot, ensuring that everyone can be heard.
- The first 50 teams to register their team and then submit a solution by July 31, 2014 will receive a FREE team registration (not including Affiliate or tournament fees) for the 2014-2015 program season.
- One winning team will win a FREE trip to Rochester, MN to present their solution at the Mayo Clinic's prestigious TRANSFORM symposium to help improve health for everyone. The symposium will be held September 7 – 9, 2014. The prize package will include airfare, hotel, and meals for all team members and 1 Team Manager.
- In addition, the winning team will win a FREE pass to Global Finals 2015 for the whole team (even if your team does not qualify). This includes free room and board for up to 7 team members and one Team Manager at Global Finals 2015, May 20-23 in Knoxville, TN. Value of $715 per person.
How will YOU help save the world?