Whether you’re participating in your first Destination Imagination tournament or you’re a seasoned DI-er, it’s important to create a checklist to make sure you have everything you will need on your team’s big day. Below is a basic checklist that includes many of the items you will need to bring (and a few you should bring) to your Regional or Affiliate Tournament. Be sure to print the list and add any other items that are specific to your team’s Challenge solution.
- Tournament Data Forms, Expense Report and Declaration of Independence – These are commonly forgotten items, so ensure that you have enough copies for your Challenge. You should also bring a few blank Tournament Data Forms in case you need to make changes.
- Lunch and Water – During a full day of excitement, it’s important to stay fueled and hydrated. If you don’t pack food, make sure you fit a meal into your schedule for the day.
- The Props – Before you walk out the door, make sure you have every single piece of your Challenge solution.
- Your Team Identification Sign – The sign helps the Appraisers and audience members identify who they’re watching.
- Team Clarifications – If your team requested any Clarifications, you need to bring them to the tournament.
- Appropriate Clothing – Sometimes it can get really chilly or really warm at the venue, so be sure to pack appropriate clothing.
- Umbrella or Tarp – Your props and materials may be perfect inside the car, but the rain outside may be disastrous.
- Extra Scripts or Notes – In case of an accident, extra copies will allow your team to keep practicing.
- Instant Challenges – Bring a few Instant Challenges to get some last-minute practice in.
- Fix-It Kit – A kit full of useful items could help you fix damaged materials for your solution. Kit items may include duct tape, theatrical makeup, fabric, markers, tools, paint, rope/string, a glue gun or anything else your team will need to do touch-up work.
Click here to download a copy of our Tournament Checklist for Teams.