To inspire and equip youth to imagine and innovate through the creative process.
Ignite the power of ALL youth to be the creative and collaborative innovators of tomorrow.
Respect – We treat all people with fairness, kindness, and consideration
Collaboration – We work as a team because together we go further
Stewardship – We accept personal responsibility to nurture a global culture of creativity, innovation and self-expression
Perseverance – We encourage trying until we achieve any goal
Integrity –We hold ourselves to the highest standards by owning our work, actions, and decisions
DI is the best thing you will ever do for your child’s education, as well as for helping to shape their future as an innovator and leader.
-Melissa Dick, Parent & Team Manager
THE CREATIVE PROCESS
Destination Imagination participants experience these components of the creative process while solving our Challenges.
– Becoming aware of the Challenge
– Gaining an in-depth understanding of the Challenge
– Generating ideas with team members
– Focusing on promising ideas
– Creating a project timeline
INITIATE & COLLABORATE
– Researching, exploring and experimenting
– Committing to options; building and completing all requirements
– Assessing progress; reworking or reimagining ideas
– Practicing presenting the solution
EVALUATE & CELEBRATE
– Presenting at a tournament
– Reflecting on and celebrating the experience
Putting the “A” in “STEAM” for more than 20 years.
Destination Imagination (DI) was founded in 1999. Our non-profit organization continues to grow with the support of 38,000 volunteers throughout 30 countries. DI has impacted more than one million participants with the purpose to inspire and equip students with invaluable 21st century skills, creative outlets and the confidence needed to succeed in school, career and beyond.