We are excited to announce two scholarship opportunities for Destination Imagination (DI) participants in 2023. Applications are now open for the DI Graduate of the Year and the Founders Award.
The DI Graduate of the Year Award is open to students who are graduating from high school or college/university/trade school in 2023. Applicants should be currently involved in Destination Imagination as a team member or volunteer. One recipient will be selected to receive a $1,500 award.
The Founders Award was established in honor and appreciation of the hundreds of volunteers who came together to make the DI network and community a reality. This award is given annually to the applicant who best exemplifies the spirit of Destination Imagination through volunteering in support of Destination Imagination and its mission and creating impact for the organization and its participants. One recipient will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. Please note that an applicant can only receive the Founders Award once.
Applications are open to students who are graduating from high school in 2023 or are currently pursuing a post-high school degree in a trade school, community college, or university. They must be accepted at a college/university or other post-secondary educational institution and plan to attend in the 23-24 school year. Applicants must have participated in Destination Imagination as a team member or as a volunteer and be actively involved in Destination Imagination during the 22-23 Challenge season.
- Online application form, which includes your contact information and a photo
- Letter of recommendation
- Applications for the DI Graduate of the Year must include a creative response to the following questions:
- How has Destination Imagination affected your life?
- Why is it important to get others involved in DI?
- Your creative response can be in whatever medium or format you choose, including but not limited to: an original song, podcast, video presentation, story, poem, essay, website, or any other creative medium
- Applications for the Founders Award should include an essay (250 words or less) about how the applicant represents the spirit of volunteerism and impact within Destination Imagination.
All applications must be submitted by April 11, 2023 at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Questions? Contact [email protected].