For more than 20 years, Destination Imagination (DI) has been inspiring participants to achieve anything they can imagine in life. Along the way, we have offered a variety of internship opportunities that have provided valuable professional experiences for those who have participated. Now, once again, DI is looking for top talent to join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision.
Each member of the Destination Imagination Fall 2021 Intern class will report directly to the department head that has chosen to work with the intern in their chosen area of interest.
- Internship starts October 15, 2021 and concludes December 15, 2021
- Between 5-10 hours of work per week
- Opportunity for personal growth and learning in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of October 1, 2021
- Must be available for work at least 5 and up to 10 hours per week
- Must be willing and able to work remotely and on Eastern Standard Time
- Must have access to their own secure laptop computer and high-speed internet connection
- Must fill out this application by no later than September 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PDT
- Candidate must be planning to enroll in a degree-granting program, enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months) of a degree-granting program from a college or university with a demonstrated interest in (education, business development, event execution, fundraising/development, social media engagement, marketing, creative or executive leadership)
- Those majoring in relevant fields such as education, youth development, business, nonprofit administration, marketing, creative and similar fields preferred
- Broad understanding of digital tools and social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to take initiative as a self-starter
- Strong creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a remote setting with a small, fast-paced team and manage multiple tasks
Affiliate Relations Intern
This intern will assist with communications to our customers and to our Affiliate leadership teams around the world. Tasks may include responding to researching educational partners, managing data, drafting communications, and other special projects as assigned. This is a great position for an intern with good writing and research skills who’d like to learn more about how DI works at the Affiliate level.
Destination Imagination Affiliates are partnering organizations that hold the exclusive license to present DI’s flagship program, the Challenge Experience, to teams located within a specific geographic region.
Strategic Partnerships & Advancement Fundraising Intern
The Fundraising Intern will work with the Partnerships & Advancement department to help the Advancement department and the Board of Trustees with fundraising tasks. They will be responsible for researching potential donors, identifying prospects, building donor profiles, thanking donors, creating individual engagement plans and reaching out to donors to develop relationships with them. Candidates should be interested and motivated to help DI raise the critical funding it needs to be a sustainable non-profit organization.
- Researching potential donors
- Identifying prospects
- Building donor profiles
- Creating engagement plans
- Managing donor data and files
- Donor data entry
- Thanking donors
- Communicating with donors
Benefits and Compensation
Destination Imagination, Inc. offers paid part-time internships. Intern will receive a $1,000 stipend for the duration of the internship. The intern will receive 100% of the stipend at the end of the internship on the condition that they receive a positive evaluation from their direct manager.
*Please note that this is a Fall 2021 internship, and all Fall 2021 internships will be remote*
Destination Imagination, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. Destination Imagination, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have any questions about the application, please email [email protected] Thank you for your interest!
Fill out the Fall 2021 Internship application here. The deadline to submit an application is September 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.