We are excited to see so much enthusiasm as new and veteran teams are already working hard on their solutions for this Challenge season. We’re so glad to see so many teams around the world imagining and innovating so they can become the creative and collaborative leaders of the future.
Speaking of the future, we wanted to take a minute to tell you about an update you’ll be seeing in the future for DI. Why now? It is our hope that sharing this news with you now will help your own planning processes for your next Challenge season.
The pandemic forced many organizations like Destination Imagination to innovate in order to adapt to a very different world. It also exposed vulnerabilities that, if not addressed, could threaten the long-term sustainability of our mission. We are still here because of the changes we made, but more changes are needed as we look to the future and that is why we have decided to increase our 2023-24 Team Number price for the first time since 2013.
For schools, families, and anyone else that participates, Destination Imagination continues to be one of the most impactful, transformative and high-value experiences a young person can have. It is our hope that by making these necessary adjustments, we can ensure the long-term sustainability of our organization and continue to deliver on our mission.
First things first: none of these changes will go into effect until August 1, 2023. All pricing and fees for the 22-23 season will remain the same. For more information about our current pricing, please visit this page.
For the 2023-24 Challenge season, we will be updating our Team Number price to $165. This decision to update Team Number pricing for the first time since 2013 was not made lightly. Our staff, along with the Board of Trustees, conducted careful research to determine a pricing model that would serve our current financial needs while creating the lowest possible negative impact on our teams.
You’ll be happy to see that everything else that you’re used to will remain unchanged for the 2023-24 Challenge season:
- Your Team Number will still cover:
- A multi-month, impactful experience for a team of 2-7 students (more than 7 are allowed for Rising Stars)
- Access to 7 Team Challenges available in 9 languages.
- Practice Instant Challenges
- Team Manager Training materials, including our comprehensive Roadmap, Roadmap+ emails, and online modules
- Access to our Clarification system for Challenge-specific team questions.
- The cost of a US Team Manager Background Check will remain at $25
- Schools/districts may avoid paying for background checks by using our waiver.
- Individuals may share existing Sterling Volunteers checks that will be eligible through May 2024.
- We will continue to offer Volume Discounts on Team Numbers. If you are buying 10 or more Team Numbers, you can save up to 20%. Learn more about volume pricing on this page.
- We will continue to offer adjusted pricing for teams outside the US. These teams will be charged an adjusted price based on their local purchasing power, currency valuation, and overall economic environment. Click here to view the new pricing for teams outside of the United States.
- Your Affiliate may charge additional fees when you purchase your Team Number(s) or when you register for your local tournament. These fees go to support the local organization which makes DI possible in your area.
We are proud of Destination Imagination and our global community of Affiliates, volunteers, Team Managers, and participants. Since our founding in 1999, we have been laser-focused on giving young people the skills and confidence to achieve anything they put their minds to. This adjustment will allow us to keep delivering on that promise in bigger and better ways until every child is inspired and equipped to change the world.