APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
For more than 20 years, Destination Imagination (DI) has been inspiring participants to achieve anything they can imagine in life. Along the way, we have offered a variety of internship opportunities that have provided valuable professional experiences for those who have participated. Now, once again, DI is looking for top talent to join our team and help us achieve our mission and vision.
Each member of the Destination Imagination Spring 2021 Intern class will report directly to the department head that has chosen to work with the intern in their chosen area of interest.
- Internship starts February 1, 2021 and concludes April 30, 2021
- Between 5-10 hours of work per week
- Opportunity for personal growth and learning in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Must be 18 years of age or older as of February 1, 2021
- Must be available for work at least 5 and up to 10 hours per week
- Must be willing and able to work remotely and on Eastern Standard Time
- Must have access to their own secure laptop computer and high-speed internet connection
- Must fill out this application by no later than January 4, 2021
- Candidate must be planning to enroll in a degree-granting program, enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months) of a degree-granting program from a college or university with a demonstrated interest in (education, business development, event execution, fundraising/development, social media engagement, marketing, creative or executive leadership)
- Those majoring in relevant fields such as Education, Youth Development, Business, Nonprofit administration, Marketing, Creative and similar fields preferred
- Broad understanding of digital tools and social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to take initiative as a self-starter
- Strong creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a remote setting with a small, fast-paced team and manage multiple tasks
Affiliate Relations/Customer Service Intern
This intern will assist with communications to our customers and to our Affiliate leadership teams around the world. Tasks may include responding to customer inquiries, managing data, and drafting communications. This is a great position for an intern with good writing and interpersonal skills who’d like to learn more about how DI is introduced to new teams and how DI works at the Affiliate level.
Destination Imagination Affiliates are partnering organizations that hold the exclusive license to present the DI core challenge experience to teams located within a specific geographic region.
Strategic Partnerships & Advancement Corporate Sponsorship Intern
The Corporate Sponsorship intern will work with the Partnerships & Advancement department to help execute existing partnerships and help to develop the pipeline for new corporate relationships. They will be responsible for researching sponsorships across other industries (sports, education, events), identifying key decision-makers, building draft proposals for potential partners and preparing sponsor pitches. Candidates must be able and willing to develop innovative ideas and concepts that fit the needs of Destination Imagination’s partners.
- Researching and producing research on key potential corporate sponsors
- Identifying key decision-makers to reach out to and cultivate
- Develop sponsorship proposals based on the needs and interests of prospective sponsors
- Help Partnerships & Advancement execute current sponsorship relationships as needed
Benefits and Compensation
Destination Imagination, Inc. offers paid part-time internships. Intern will receive a $1,000 stipend for the duration of the internship. The intern will receive 50% of the stipend at the halfway point of the internship on the condition that they receive a positive evaluation from their direct manager. The intern will receive the balance of the stipend at the completion of the internship.
*Please note that this is a Spring 2021 internship, and all Spring 2021 internships will be remote*
Destination Imagination, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. Destination Imagination, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click here to apply for our spring internship program.