If your team has selected a Team Challenge to solve, the next step is making sure all of your team members understand it. This may require your team to reread a Challenge several times.
When going through a Team Challenge, it is also important to recognize terms such as “must,” “may,” “may not,” “will” and “should.” These words are key to helping you solve a Challenge. Below is a list of quick tips to help you navigate this process.
QUICK TIPS TO HELP YOU NAVIGATE YOUR CHALLENGE
- Grab some highlighters, go through your Challenge and highlight the following:
- “Must” – highlight all sentences that include the word MUST in yellow.
- “Must not,” “will not,” “no,” “not” – circle all sentences that contain one of these words.
- “Will” – highlight all sentences that include the word WILL in pink.
- “Should” – highlight all sentences that include the word SHOULD in blue.
- “May” – highlight all sentences that include the word MAY in green.
- The items that are circled or highlighted in yellow are the requirements your team must follow to solve the Challenge.
- The items that are highlighted in pink give your team procedural, scoring or other information about the Challenge.
- The items that are highlighted in blue are things that will help your team to more effectively solve the Challenge and/or help Appraisers to better score your Presentation.
- The items highlighted in green are the areas where your team gets to make your own decisions about your Challenge solution.