Do you have a fond memory of attending Global Finals? What do you think makes Global Finals such a unique event?
We’re looking for students, parents, Team Managers, alumni and more to share their thoughts with us for a special episode of our What’s the Big Idea? podcast.
Our hope is to feature voices from all facets of our DI community, sharing why Global Finals is special to them. We also recognize that there are many teams that have not been to Global Finals–and we want to hear from you too! If you haven’t been to Global Finals before, we welcome you to share a story about DI and why it’s important to you.
If you’d like to share your story on this episode, make a recording and submit it as an MP3 or WAV file on this form by May 1. Then be sure to subscribe to What’s the Big Idea? on your favorite podcast platform so you won’t miss when the episode drops!
Please note: If you are not able to create an audio recording, or if you’d prefer to submit your story in a language other than English, please share your story in an email to [email protected]. Use the subject line “Podcast Roundtable Episode.”
What to Record:
- Please introduce yourself with your name, your location, and the role/year of your Global Finals memory. (Example for Adults: “My name is CJ Cregg, I’m from Washington DC, and I was a team member at Global Finals 2005.” Example for Children Under the Age of 18: “My name is Hannah, I’m from New York, and I am a DI participant.”)
- Share your favorite Global Finals memory. If you can, avoid using DI acronyms – for example, say “Instant Challenge” instead of “IC.”
- Describe why this particular memory was important to you.
- Describe what you hope current teams gain from their DI and/or Global Finals experience.
- You are welcome to record your story on the platform that works best for you (voice memo, Zoom recording, etc.).
- Please select a recording location that has minimal background noise. If we cannot hear/understand your recording, it may not be used.
- Speak slowly and clearly. It’s okay if you have to pause – our podcast wizards can edit that out!
- If at all possible, utilize headphones and an external microphone to get optimal recording quality.